Friday, April 5, 2013

Texture


Spring is the prime time for flower pictures.  Opportunity is endless.  Two weeks ago, when I was back home, cherry trees just started to bud.  Now walking down the streets here in Seattle neighborhood, I see rows of bloomed cherry trees with beautiful blossoms.


Cherry and plum blossoms look very similar. Plum flower pedals are more round while cheery flower pedals is tapered and split in the end, shaped like a shield.  The stigma is not as dense as plum and looks more elegant in my eyes.  Cherry trees grow in colder climates. There were no cherry trees in Taiwan where I grew up.  It is such a pleasure to enjoy them here in Northwest.

So many flowers are here for spring photography fun, but flowers are flowers.  There are limited ways to take flower pictures. We can take flower pictures at different time of the day (under various light conditions) or in different season of the year for different prospective (colors and such).  Or, we can add Texture to enhance the look and make them more artistic.


Some people may prefer to keep its authenticity, the result out of a camera.  But personally I like to apply texture sometimes to get a more enchanted look. Depending on my mood, I use different texture to express my feeling.  When I was disappointed, I used a distressed tone. When I was excited, I used a bright and cheery tone.  Sometimes I used an extraordinary texture to get a very different look for fun sake.

Photography is a hobby for me and I am in for the fun.  You will be amazed how much you can entertain yourself by creating something that you have never imagined before.


No comments:

Post a Comment