Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Day of Relaxation

No music, no spa, not in the woods, not on top of a mountain, it was simply around the house...

I have just read an article '7 Super Seeds that will change your health'. This is a good article. I think you should read it, go to http://news360.com/article/280825326. The super seeds are Chia seeds, Flax seeds, Hemps seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, and Papaya seeds. Coincidently, we have chia seeds and sesame seeds in our daily smoothies. We have flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds in our freshly home-made granola. Out of 7, we are consuming 5 of them daily and we don't even know about it.
Heathy Life - Smoothie in the Morning
One of the reasons that I like to make smoothie is to enjoy the different colors coming out of the mix each morning. I have my basics (such as apples and oranges, chia seeds and ground sesame seeds plus one vegetable item) and I mixed them with anything else I may have in my refrigerator. Like this morning, I added carrots, fresh pineapples and strawberries. 97% of the time, the smoothies is delicious and comes out with beautiful colors.
Lantern Rose shines regardless color or not
Coffee aroma is one reason why many people love it so much. I cannot enjoy my morning without a cup of coffee. I grow up drinking tea. Tea is great, but it is lightweight and not as fun as coffee. Though the air is still cold, the bit of sunshine makes a lot of difference. Sipping coffee and going through the pages of travel photobook is absolutely enjoyable. Coffee aroma plus that sweet memories... what else do I expect? not much.
Total Relaxation
Learning something new keeps me interested in all aspects of photography. I used to think that photographers are not artists, but now I have to say that a photographer is more than an artist, he has to be a technician as well. Something can be accomplished instinctively, but others we just have to learn the nuts and bolts of the science behind.  I have been experimenting various method to process a photo and what I've got out of the process is amazingly satisfying.

The images I posted on my blog are the results of my experiments. They are not set for prints and I don't spend too much time trying to fine tune the details. As long as I remember what I've done and you got the point, they served my purpose.
A surprised visitor, Rufous Hummingbird
I thought I spotted a reflection of something shining briefly landed on my photobook. I was utterly stunned when I realized it was a golden hummingbird.  We have mostly a green Anna's or a grey black-chinned hummingbird come to our feeders. I am not an export identifying hummingbirds, but I know this guy is a Rufous. He was there for a good 2 minutes, moved around and made his feather all fuzzed up. It was a nice surprise. 
A tribute to the soon Passing-Away
Even after I have doubled the dosage of the spray, my lantern roses are still a bit under the weather this year. They grow face-down. If I don't remove them from the twig, their beauty is hidden. If I do, they don't last too long. I love to take more pictures, but I also feel reluctant to torture them any more. 

Smoothies, Birds, Flowers, Books, Memories... I am beginning to feel more like in retirement.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Chris. These photos are stunning storytellers. I love your ongoing growth.

    ReplyDelete